Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Install BLACS and ScaLAPACK on Leopard
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-06 10:09:49

FWIW, I'm not a fortran expert, but if you built your Fortran
libraries with g77 and then tried to link against them with gfortran,
you might run into problems.

My advice would be to use a single fortran compiler for building
everything: Open MPI, your libraries, your apps. I prefer gfortran
because it's more modern, but I have not done any performance
evaluations of gfortran vs. g77 -- I have heard [unverified] anecdotes
that gfortran is "slower" than g77 -- google around and see what the
recent buzz is.

FWIW: I tend to use the gnu suite from http://hpc.sourceforge.net/ --
it contains pre-built gcc/g++/gfortran binaries and libraries for
Leopard.

On May 5, 2008, at 2:59 PM, Linwei Wang wrote:

> Dear Reeder,
>
> It does not work. I do think they are from the fortran programs
> I'm using (they are files included from the BLACS installation
> package, not written by my own.
>
> The thing is last time when I was using g77, it caused no
> problem...
>
> thanks for your help.
>
> Linwei.
>
> On May 5, 2008, at 2:33 PM, Doug Reeder wrote:
>
>> _s_wsle, _e_wsle

Cisco Systems