Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem Installing OpenMPI with Lahey 64-bit Fortran compiler
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-06 09:59:16

This post was accidentally sent to the list owner rather than to the
entire list. Re-sending to the list...

On May 1, 2008, at 11:28 AM, cfdman7_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I am encountering a difficulty when installing OpenMPI with the
> Lahey 64-bit (LF64 V8.0) Fortran Compiler for use on a dual quad-
> core machine. I am currently trying to install this particular Lahey
> compiler with openmpi-1.2.6 on a 64-bit intel machine running Red
> Hat Linux Enterprise 5. In the past, I have not had any difficulty
> installing 32-bit versions of the Lahey compiler with the current or
> previous versions of OpenMPI, so this issue appears to be specific
> to the 64-bit version of the Lahey compiler. I have attached the
> install script that I used to install OpenMPI. I have also attached
> the output stream that results when I execute this install script.

The error message that it is showing is:

/usr/bin/ld: .libs/mpi_wtick_f90.o: relocation R_X86_64_32S against `a
local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile
with -fPIC

We don't test with the Laheay compiler, so I'm not familiar with the
exact problem here -- perhaps try adding -fPIC to the FCFLAGS when
running configure?

./configure FCFLAGS=-fPIC ...

Cisco Systems