Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi-1.3a1r18241 ompi-restart issue
From: Sharon Brunett (sharon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-29 01:55:39

I'm finding that using ompi-checkpoint on an application which is very cpu bound takes a very very long time. For example, trying to checkpoint a 4 or 8 way Pallas MPI Benchmark application can take more than an hour. The problem is not where I'm dumping checkpoints (I've tried local and an nfs mount with plenty of space, and cpu intensive apps checkpoint quickly).

I'm using BLCR_VERSION=0.6.5 and openmpi-1.3a1r18241.

Is this condition common and if so, are there possibly mca paramters which could help?

Thanks,
Sharon