Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Fwd: mpicc does not link against Fortran libraries? Withdrawn
From: Dirk Eddelbuettel (edd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-25 22:27:06

On 25 April 2008 at 20:10, Barry Smith wrote:

| A smarter colleague then I, has reminded me that is very difficult
| to obtain all the
| Fortran libraries and linker options that would be needed to allow the
| mpicc compiler to
| also link against the MPI fortran libraries successfully. I therefor
| withdraw my
| original question?

Well yes, which is why Open MPI gives you the _Fortran_ wrappers

    mpif77
    mpif90

in addition to mpicc and mpic++ --- did you try those? And strictly
speaking, there is no 'mpicc compiler' but a bunch of libraries etc that are
used along with the standard GNU Compiler Collection (aka gcc, g++, gfortran
et al).

Hope this helps, and greetings to Argonne from 15+ miles northeast,

Dirk