Subject: Re: [OMPI users] install intel mac with Laopard
From: Warner Yuen (wyuen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-25 13:10:46

Slightly off topic but hopefully useful...

Just a little bit of trivia with the Intel Compilers on Mac OS X. One
of the nuances about the Intel compilers, unlike GCC, are that they
are two different compilers, a 64-bit compiler and a 32-bit compiler.
The 64-bit compilers are installed under the CCE/FCE directory and the
32-bit compilers are CC/FC. Prior to v10.1 the only way to switch
between the 32-bit and 64-bit compilers was to run the supplied shell
script to set the environment variables. However with v10.1, one can
now execute the -m32 or -m64 flag for the Intel compilers as well,
this makes it much easier to work with 32-bit or 64-bit builds!

Warner Yuen
Scientific Computing
Consulting Engineer
Apple, Inc.