Subject: Re: [OMPI users] install intel mac with Laopard
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-25 07:02:40

On Apr 25, 2008, at 1:24 AM, Koun SHIRAI wrote:

> I understand that it is difficult to fully describe practical
> notifications for each implementation, because of a lots of OS's and
> its frequent revisions. In spite of this difficulty, I am wondering
> why typical examples for configure are not given in, for example,
> README or homepage. In README, concrete names of systems, such as
> Linux 32bit with gcc or OSX (10.4), are listed for those systems which
> have been tested. Hence, at least, for these systems, it is possible
> to provide concrete form for configure command. Even these minimum
> information is very useful for beginners who do not have any idea
> which options must be used. This would significantly reduce questions
> like me.

Sure -- what do you have in mind? I think the reason we didn't
include command lines is because in many cases, you don't really need
many (any?) additional command line flags. For example:

   ./configure
   make all install

Would give you a default configuration with default compilers (GNU)
installed into /usr/local.

Do you have some suggestions for what kind of examples we should
include?

Cisco Systems