Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Message compression in OpenMPI
From: Aurélien Bouteiller (bouteill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-24 15:37:41

 From a pretty old experiment I made, compression was giving good
results on 10Mbps network but was actually decreasing RTT on 100Mbs
and more. I played with all the zlib settings from 1 to 9, and
actually even the low compression setting was unable to reach decent
performance. I don't believe that the computing/bandwidth ratio has
changed to favor compression.

Aurelien.