Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problems with program-execution with OpenMPI: Orted: command not found
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-22 16:17:13

On Apr 22, 2008, at 4:07 PM, gildo.rex_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Ah, thats good news! My concern is, as I also want to use
> performance-benchmarks, which are specifically compiled for an
> installation of MPI, that these benchmarks will not work properly
> anymore. E.g. Intel IMB Benchmark or mpptest. Would it be a valid
> solution, to compile these benchmarks new when switching between
> MPICH and OpenMPI?

Absolutely!!! Every time you switch from one MPI version to another
you have to recompile your tests and/or benchmarks.

> I've set the second Path using the command
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/stephan/openmpi-
> install/lib/
>
> The test shows up, that the export worked:
>
> stephan_at_openmpivmwaretest1:~> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> :/home/stephan/openmpi-install/lib/
>
> (on both nodes)
>
> Then I used the --prefix-option:
>
> mpirun --prefix /home/stephan/openmpi-install -np 2 --hostfile
> /home/stephan/mpd.hosts /bin/hostname
>
> and suddenly it worked!!!
>
> But why didn't the export work?

What you did change the LD_LIBRARY_PATH locally. When in fact you need
to have it set correctly on the remote shells. As you want to switch
from one MPI library to another, your task will be a little bit more
difficult. Open MPI can easily deal with this either by using the --
prefix argument, or by adding "--enable-orterun-prefix-by-default --
enable-mpirun-prefix-by-default" on the configure.

   george.