Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problems with program-execution with OpenMPI: Orted: command not found
From: jody (jody.xha_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-22 04:18:40

Have you tried the command ompi_info?
What is its output?

Furthermore, the command you gave
> mpirun -np 2 --hostfile /home/stephan/mpd.hosts
is incomplete. There is no executable.

Try to make sure wether your host file has the correct
format. If i remember correctly Open-MPI does not use
the same format for hostfiles as MPICH.
See the FAQ for more info
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#mpirun-scheduling

If you don't use a hostfile, mpirun will start
all processes on the local machine.

jody