Subject: [OMPI users] Problems with program-execution with OpenMPI: Orted: command not found
From: gildo.rex_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-04-22 02:56:10

Dear all,

I wanted to compare MPICH and OpenMPI. MPICH works fine. So I installed OpenMPI the same way (configure, make, make install). The commands are found in the OpenMPI installation directory.

When I tried to run programs I was a little bit confused, that there seems not to be a default hosts-file like in MPICH. I included it in the command with "--hostfile".

When I now want to run my first test with

  mpirun -np 2 --hostfile /home/stephan/mpd.hosts

I get the error-message:

  orted: command not found

The "orted"-executable resides as well as the "mpirun"- and "mpiexec"-executables in the directory /home/stephan/openmpi-install. "orted" is also found by "which orted".

What might be the problem? How does "orted" work? I'm not conscious about anything equivalent in MPICH...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind Regards

Stephan