Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openMPI + Ubuntu 7.10 puzzling
From: Adrian Knoth (adi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-21 18:33:14

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:12:00AM +0200, Vincent Rotival wrote:

> Hello everyone

Hi!

> [vrotival-laptop:06375] [ 1] /usr/lib/libmpi.so.0(ompi_proc_init+0x13b)

Is that your MPI installation? /usr/lib?

> vrotival_at_vrotival-laptop:~/Work/workbench$ ompi_info --all
> ompi_info: Symbol `mca_allocator_base_components' has different size in
> shared object, consider re-linking

Usually, this "has different size" means that libraries have changed
since you've compiled your program.

> updates in Ubuntu (although I do not want to incriminate it at first)

Perhaps you got the Ubuntu Open MPI package. You should make sure that

   - ompi_info shows all the right paths
   - no openmpi-* package is installed

If in doubt, rip out every installed "Open MPI" and recompile. (just to
make sure you don't have a mix of different versions)

HTH

PS: These were just the usual hints, I don't know your particular
problem.

--
Cluster and Metacomputing Working Group
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany