Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpi parallel code to run on infinipath env.
From: Daniël Mantione (daniel.mantione_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-21 02:50:42

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008, yacob sen wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have parallel program written on mpi. I am able to run on openmpi environment in our Linux cluster.
> I found out that it is rather slow. I have heard that it could be faster if it is run on infinipath environment where
> it has lower latency.
>
> I run my program which runs perfectly on openmpi environment first by changing the environment to
> using (infinipath/core/gcc/2.1 and infinipath/ofed/2.1 in my case ) and submit my job as:
>
> qsub -R y -pe infinipath 8 myscript.sh
>
> where the script "myscript" contains the command:
>
> mpirun -m $TMPDIR/machines -np $NSLOTS ./test
>
> where test is the executable file that was produced by running my parallel program test.f90
> as
>
> mpif90 test.f90 -o test
>
> After submitting my jobs with a given number of "Nslots", I got the error message as
>
> /usr/local/Cluster-Apps/sge/default/spool/node103/job_scripts/4947620: line 37: mpirun: command not found
>
> Any comments are welcome, thankx ? Do I need to change inside my mpi parallel code to run on infinipath environment ?

Sounds like ClusterVisionOS? The module for the native Infinipath MPI is
often called something like infinipath/mpi/compilername/2.1. By loading
"base" and "ofed" you probably do not yet have loaded the MPI in your
environment.

Alternatively, you can also ask ClusterVision support to install an
Infinipath-psm capable OpenMPI on your cluster, so you can continue using
OpenMPI.

Best regards,

Daniël Mantione