Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpicc -showme:compile output (possible bug report)
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-16 13:03:37

On Apr 16, 2008, at 9:38 AM, Crni Gorac wrote:
>> mpicc (and friends) typically do not output -I only for "special"
>> directories, such as /usr/include, because adding -I/usr/include may
>> subvert the compiler's normal include directory search order.
>
> On my machine, "mpicc -showme:compile" outputs "-pthread" only.

This would seem to indicate that OMPI is specifically choosing not to
display the -I/whatever flag, most likely because it would have been -
I/usr/include (or similar).

> I guess CMake is modeling MPI recognizing after MPICH, and that "-I"
> flags appears in "mpicc -showme:compile" output there; tried to check
> that, but latest MPICH (1.0.7) won't even compile on my machine... In
> any case, I reported the issue to the CMake bug tracker too.

Ok. If OMPI is installed with a prefix of /usr, I don't anticipate us
changing this behavior -- this exception is specifically implemented
to not subvert the normal compiler include directory search order.
Note, too, that the same issue will occur with -L in the --showme:link
line -- we don't display -L/usr/lib for the same reasons as described
above.

Cisco Systems