Subject: Re: [OMPI users] open mpi on smp
From: Jozef Káèer (quickparser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-16 08:32:58

I think that in pure OpenMPI environment (without any resorce manager) you
should be able to run applications like this:

mpirun -np 2 mpi_executable
mpirun -np 4 -machinefile machines.list mpi_executable

where machines.list contains a list of your computers identified by their
host names.
The former command should run the program locally on 2 processors/cores, the
one on those specified in the list.