Subject: [OMPI users] problems with hostfile when doing MPMD
From: jody (jody.xha_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-10 06:40:37

HI
In my network i have some 32 bit machines and some 64 bit machines.
With --host i successfully call my application:
  mpirun -np 3 --host aim-plankton -x DISPLAY ./run_gdb.sh ./MPITest :
-np 3 --host aim-fanta4 -x DISPLAY ./run_gdb.sh ./MPITest64
(MPITest64 has the same code as MPITest, but was compiled on the 64 bit machine)

But when i use hostfiles:
  mpirun -np 3 --hostfile hosts32 -x DISPLAY ./run_gdb.sh ./MPITest :
-np 3 --hostfile hosts64 -x DISPLAY ./run_gdb.sh ./MPITest64
all 6 processes are started on the 64 bit machine aim-fanta4.

hosts32:
   aim-plankton slots=3
hosts64
  aim-fanta4 slots