Subject: Re: [OMPI users] iof, readline, lost stdin buffering
From: Will Portnoy (will.portnoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-03 17:52:11

> Do you mean that you are starting it via ./my_mpi_program?

> Uck. :-(

Yes. :)

> What happens if you replace readline with a simple fgets() (or
> equivalent)? That is, I'm curious to see if the problem is with
> OMPI's interaction with readline or our I/O forwarding in general.

Yes, disabling readline makes the problem go away. I've read

Is there any method to minimize the impact that openmpi has on the
spawning program, stdin in particular?

> No, it is not possible to disable iof.

Setting iof_base_window_size=0 seemed to help, though it could be my
imagination since the problem's effects don't seem to be very

thank you,