Subject: Re: [OMPI users] iof, readline, lost stdin buffering
From: Will Portnoy (will.portnoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-03 17:52:11

> Do you mean that you are starting it via ./my_mpi_program?

Yes.

> Uck. :-(

Yes. :)

> What happens if you replace readline with a simple fgets() (or
> equivalent)? That is, I'm curious to see if the problem is with
> OMPI's interaction with readline or our I/O forwarding in general.

Yes, disabling readline makes the problem go away. I've read

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#mpirun-curses-readline

Is there any method to minimize the impact that openmpi has on the
spawning program, stdin in particular?

> No, it is not possible to disable iof.

Setting iof_base_window_size=0 seemed to help, though it could be my
imagination since the problem's effects don't seem to be very
consistent.

thank you,

Will