Subject: Re: [OMPI users] 2 questions about Open MPI
From: powernetfreak_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-03-25 08:34:22

Hello,
 thanks for your help.
So Open MPI is OS dependent and actually it dont support Windows
plattforms.

I would want to know if (Open) MPI sipports data decomposition and\ or
task level parallelism.
I think that MPI supports task level parallelism.
But i also think that OpenMPI dont support data decomposition (like
here described: http://www.netlib.org/pvm3/book/node32.html ) "out-of-
the-box".
Thanks.

King regards,

peter

Users"<users_at_[hidden]>

2
>series does not support Windows.
>
>> - Open MPI dont has data decomposition support itself. I just
can
>> add some functions to get some kind of data decomposition support
>

>I'm not sure what you're asking; Open MPI supports all the MPI
>datatype functionality.
>
>--
>Jeff Squyres
>Cisco Systems