Subject: Re: [OMPI users] RPM build errors when creating multiple rpms
From: Michael Jennings (mej_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-18 15:28:00

On Tuesday, 18 March 2008, at 12:15:34 (-0700),
Christopher Irving wrote:

> Now, if you removed line 651 and 653 from the new spec file it works
> for both cases. You wont get the files listed twice error because
> although you have the statement %dir %{_prefix} on line 649 you
> never have a line with just %{_prefix}. So the _prefix directory
> itself gets included but not all files underneath it. You've
> handled that by explicitly including all files and sub directories
> on lines 672-681 and in the runtime.file.

The only package which should own %{_prefix} is something like setup
or filesystem in the core OS package set. No openmpi RPM should ever
own %{_prefix}, so it should never appear in %files, either by itself
or with %dir.

> Going back to the original spec file, the one that came with the
> source RPM, the problems where kind of reversed. Building with the
> 'install_in_opt 1' option worked just fine but when it wasn't set
> you got the files listed twice error as I described in my original
> message.

"files listed twice" messages are not errors, per se, and can usually
be safely ignored. Those who are truly bothered by them can always
add %exclude directives if they so choose.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej_at_[hidden]>
Linux Systems and Cluster Admin