Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Begginers question: why does this program hangs?
From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-18 11:11:33

On 10:51 Tue 18 Mar , Jeff Squyres wrote:
> The upcoming v1.3 series doesn't suffer from this issue; we revamped
> our transport system to distinguish between early and normal
> completions. The pml_ob1_use_eager_completion MCA param was added to
> v1.2.6 to allow correct MPI apps to avoid this optimization -- a
> proper fix is coming in the v1.3 series.

Yo, I've just tried it with the current SVN and couldn't reproduce the
deadlock. Nice!

Andreas Schäfer
Cluster and Metacomputing Working Group
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
I'm a bright...
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!