Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Begginers question: why does this program hangs?
From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-18 11:11:33

On 10:51 Tue 18 Mar , Jeff Squyres wrote:
> The upcoming v1.3 series doesn't suffer from this issue; we revamped
> our transport system to distinguish between early and normal
> completions. The pml_ob1_use_eager_completion MCA param was added to
> v1.2.6 to allow correct MPI apps to avoid this optimization -- a
> proper fix is coming in the v1.3 series.

Yo, I've just tried it with the current SVN and couldn't reproduce the
deadlock. Nice!

Cheers
-Andreas

Andreas Schäfer
Cluster and Metacomputing Working Group
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
I'm a bright... http://www.the-brights.net
(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!