Subject: Re: [OMPI users] RPM build errors when creating multiple rpms
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-18 08:32:13

On Mar 17, 2008, at 2:34 PM, Christopher Irving wrote:

> Well that fixed the errors for the case prefix=/usr but after
> looking at
> the spec file I suspected it would cause a problem if you used the
> install_in_opt option. So I tried it and got the following errors:
>
> RPM build errors:
> Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
> /opt/openmpi/1.2.5/etc/openmpi-default-hostfile
> /opt/openmpi/1.2.5/etc/openmpi-mca-params.conf
> /opt/openmpi/1.2.5/etc/openmpi-totalview.tcl
>
> I just don't think the inclusion of _sysconfdir needs to be wrapped
> in
> a condition statement. It needs to be included in either case,
> installing to /opt or to /usr, and will already be correctly defined
> for
> both. So in the new spec file if you get rid of line 651 - %if !
> %{sysconfdir_in_prefix} - and the closing endif on 653 it will work
> for
> both cases.

Hmm. I'm having problems getting that to fail (even with a 1.2.5
tarball and install_in_opt=1). That %if is there because I was
running into errors when rpm would complain that some files were
listed twice (e.g., under %{prefix} and %{sysconfdir}).

I must not be understanding exactly what you're running if I can't
reproduce the problem. Can you specify your exact rpmbuild command?

Cisco Systems