Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Bug with 1.2.5?
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-17 12:51:38

I'm not very familiar with Fortran 90, but the code looks wrong to me.
Here is a snippet from the code:

      call MPI_ISEND(VTMP,int(NCFACES(I)),MPI_FP,NZINT(I)-1, &
                     int(GLOBINT(I)),AVUS_COMM_WORLD,REQUEST(MXIPZ
+I),IERR)

      deallocate(VTMP)

The problem seems to come from the fact that you start a non blocking
send and then you release the buffer, which is completely illegal !!!
The free should happen only once you know the send is completed, which
means after the MPI_Waitall.

This works with MPICH because they buffer data in some cases. And
works for Open MPI on small problem sizes, because then the message
can be send directly without buffering. However, once you're over the
eager limit, a rendez-vous message is required, and the MPI_Isend will
be completed only later.

   george.