Subject: [OMPI users] What architecture? X86_64, that's what architecture!
From: Jim Hill (jimhill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-10 23:15:53

I'm trying to build a 64-bit 1.2.5 on an 8-core Xeon Mac Pro running OS X 10.4.11, with the Portland Group's PGI Workstation 7.1-5 tools.  The configure script works its magic with a couple of modifications to account for PGI's tendency to freak out about F90 modules.  Upon make, though, I end up dying with a "Wat architecture?" error in opal/mca/backtrace/darwin/MoreBacktrace/MoreDebugging/MoreBacktrace.c:128 because (I presume) a 64-bit Xeon build isn't a PPC, a PPC64, or an X86.

Is this something that's been seen by others?  I'm not the world's greatest software stud and this is just a step along the path to my real objective, which is making my own software run on this beast machine of mine.

Suggestions, tips, and clever insults are welcome.  Thanks,

"Big Jim Cooley came out of the West; whatever he wanted, he could get." -- Genesis, "Ballad of Big"

Jim Hill, X-3 | MS T087 TA3/SCC | Vox: 665 3471 | Page: 104-7131 |

This message has been determined to be unclassified. -- JLH, ADC