Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem: openmpi using lam
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-07 13:19:16

On Mar 7, 2008, at 11:31 AM, Justus Schwabedal wrote:

> I need advise to get openmpi to work using lam.

I think you're slightly confused -- LAM/MPI and Open MPI are two
different software projects that implement the same standard (MPI).
) is available for supporting LAM/MPI. You might want to refer to the
"Getting Help" page on the LAM/MPI site (http://www.lam-mpi.org/using/support/
). I suspect that your problem has to do with your hostfile, and you
should check the LAM/MPI user's guide for the answer.

But be aware that LAM/MPI is in maintenance mode -- it is being
deprecated in favor of Open MPI. See the announcement at the top of
LAM/MPI's home page.

Good luck.

> For testing I installed it on two machines running opensuse10.3
> (both atholon 64) connected via ethernet. I then try to run a test
> script "hello.x" with the following commands:
> jus_at_cusp:~/Code/Spielwiese/Mpi> make hello
> mpicc hello.c -o hello.x
> jus_at_cusp:~/Code/Spielwiese/Mpi> lamboot mfile
>
> LAM 7.1.4/MPI 2 C++/ROMIO - Indiana University
>
> Enter passphrase for key '/cusp/jus/.ssh/id_rsa':
> Enter passphrase for key '/cusp/jus/.ssh/id_rsa':
> jus_at_cusp:~/Code/Spielwiese/Mpi> lamnodes
> n0 cusp:1:origin,this_node
> n1 neutrino.stat.physik.uni-potsdam.de:1:
> jus_at_cusp:~/Code/Spielwiese/Mpi> mpirun -np 2 hello.x
> Process 0 on cusp out of 2
> Process 1 on cusp out of 2
>
> The jobs are thus wrapped only on the node "cusp", not on both. I
> have no clue why this is.
> Thanks, Justus
> --
> Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free
> Games!
> http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free

Cisco Systems