Subject: Re: [OMPI users] -prefix option to mpirun.
From: Aurélien Bouteiller (bouteill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-04 10:20:40

You have two options. You can add /my/favorite/path/lib to /etc/
ld.so.conf (and run ldconfig once to rebuild the library cache) or
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/my/favorite/path/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH in /etc/
profile. This will solve any problem you could face with "missing
libmpi.so" when running jobs.

Another way to go is to compile your own Open MPI, and add "--prefix=/
my/favorite/path --enable-mpirun-prefix-by-default" to the configure
options.

Aurelien

Le 4 mars 08 à 09:28, Ashley Pittman a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I work for medium sized UK based ISV and am packaging open-mpi so that
> is can be made available as an option to our users, so far I've been
> very impressed by how smoothly things have gone but I've got one
> problem
> which doesn't seem to be covered by the FAQ.
>
> We install openmpi to /opt/openmpi-1.2.5 and are using the modules
> command to select which mpi to use, the modules command correctly sets
> PATH to pick up mpicc and mpirun on the head node however the issue
> comes with running a job, users need to specify -prefix on the mpirun
> command line. Is there a way to specify this in the environment so I
> could make it happen automatically as part of the modules environment?
>
> I've searched the archives for this, the closest I can find is this
> exchange in 2006, if I specify a full path to mpirun then it does the
> right thing but is there a way to extend this functionality to the
> case
> where mpirun is run from path?
> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2006/01/0480.php
>
> Yours, Ashley Pittman.

* Dr. Aurélien Bouteiller
* Sr. Research Associate at Innovative Computing Laboratory
* University of Tennessee
* 1122 Volunteer Boulevard, suite 350
* Knoxville, TN 37996
* 865 974 6321