Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI 1.2.5 configure bug for POWERPC64 target
From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-02 17:59:55

On Feb 27, 2008, at 8:34 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2008, at 10:05 AM, Mathias PUETZ wrote:
>
>> 2. Could someone explain, why configure might determine a different
>> ompi_cv_asm_format
>> than stated in the asm-data.txt database ?
>> Maybe the meaning of the cryptic assmebler format string is
>> explained somewhere.
>> If so, could someone point me to the explanation ?
>

> I have to defer to Brian on this one...

Sorry about the slow reply -- unfortunately, I don't have as much time
to look at OPen MPI issues as I once did.

I have no idea -- likely the test doesn't cover some corner case. The
first question that needs to be asked is for the AIX / Power PC
machine you're running on, what is the right answer (as an IBM
employee, you're certainly more qualified to answer that than I am...).

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett
   Open MPI developer