Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpi.h macro naming
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-24 10:11:25

Actually, I take my comments back. Brian's initial patches did not
compiled for me; I had to make some more changes to make it work for
me (see attached patch):

1. fixed a HAVE_LONG_LONG to be OMPI_HAVE_LONG_LONG

2. fixed a STDC_HEADERS to be OMPI_STDC_HEADERS

3. the AC_DEFINE's for the new OMPI_* macros in mpi.h were at the very
beginning of configure.ac, before the various $ac_cv_<foo> shell
variables had any values (hence, the resulting #defines were empty).
I moved them to the end of configure.ac.

The only one that concerns me is #3 -- Brian: was there a reason you
put those AC_DEFINE's at the top of configure.ac?

Given that the previous patch must have somehow compiled for Brian,
I'd like to get a review before this is committed to the trunk. I
tested on x86_64 RHEL4U4 and OS X Leopard and my amended patch seems
to work. Can someone else verify that the attached patch works for
them before I commit?

On Feb 23, 2008, at 1:20 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> I merged your two patches and will commit once I come within range of
> being online. I'll also file a CMR for 1.2.6 in case that ever
> happens (had to resolve a trivial patch reject for the 1.2 branch).
>
> Thanks!
>

> On Feb 22, 2008, at 9:40 AM, Brian W. Barrett wrote:
>
>> A second attempt, this time with less suck :).
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Brian W. Barrett wrote:
>>
>>> Oops.. forgot to test the C++ bindings, which of course broke.
>>> Let me
>>> try again and I'll send a better patch.
>>>
>>> brian

>> users_at_[hidden]