Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_CART_CREATE and Fortran 90 Interface
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-07 07:51:50

Michal -

You are absolutely right; sorry about that. I have fixed the bug in
the OMPI development trunk which means that it will be incorporated in
the upcoming v1.3 series (see https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/17395)
. I also filed a change request for the v1.2 branch; if we ever do a
v1.2.6 release, this fix will be included in it.

Thanks for reporting this problem!

On Feb 6, 2008, at 8:49 AM, Michal Charemza wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble getting MPI_CART_CREATE to work with the
> Fortran 90 Interface, i.e. if I "use mpi", I get an error at
> compilation time (of my program) of:
>
> There is no specific subroutine for the generic 'mpi_cart_create'
>
> However, if I include mpif.h this error does not occur. After looking
> into the source, I see that in my mpi-f90-interfaces.h, there is a
> part:
>
> interface MPI_Cart_create
>
> subroutine MPI_Cart_create(old_comm, ndims, dims, periods, reorder, &
> comm_cart, ierr)
> integer, intent(in) :: old_comm
> integer, intent(in) :: ndims
> integer, dimension(*), intent(in) :: dims
> integer, dimension(*), intent(in) :: periods
> integer, intent(in) :: reorder
> integer, intent(out) :: comm_cart
> integer, intent(out) :: ierr
> end subroutine MPI_Cart_create
>
> end interface MPI_Cart_create
>
> I thought according to the MPI specs, periods should be a logical
> array, and reorder should be a logical scalar. Is this a bug in the
> Fortran 90 interface?
>
> Michal.

Cisco Systems