Subject: [OMPI users] MPI_CART_CREATE and Fortran 90 Interface
From: Michal Charemza (michalcharemza_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-06 08:49:40

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting MPI_CART_CREATE to work with the
Fortran 90 Interface, i.e. if I "use mpi", I get an error at
compilation time (of my program) of:

There is no specific subroutine for the generic 'mpi_cart_create'

However, if I include mpif.h this error does not occur. After looking
into the source, I see that in my mpi-f90-interfaces.h, there is a part:

interface MPI_Cart_create

subroutine MPI_Cart_create(old_comm, ndims, dims, periods, reorder, &
         comm_cart, ierr)
   integer, intent(in) :: old_comm
   integer, intent(in) :: ndims
   integer, dimension(*), intent(in) :: dims
   integer, dimension(*), intent(in) :: periods
   integer, intent(in) :: reorder
   integer, intent(out) :: comm_cart
   integer, intent(out) :: ierr
end subroutine MPI_Cart_create

end interface MPI_Cart_create

I thought according to the MPI specs, periods should be a logical
array, and reorder should be a logical scalar. Is this a bug in the
Fortran 90 interface?

Michal.