Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi credits for eager messages
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-03 18:59:38

Well ... this is exactly the kind of behavior a high performance
application try to achieve isn't it ?

The problem here is not the flow control. What you need is to avoid
buffering the messages on the receiver side. Luckily, Open MPI is
entirely configurable at runtime, so this situation is really easy to
deal with even at the user level. Set the eager size to zero, and no
buffering on the receiver side will be made. Your program will survive
as long as there is some available memory on the receiver.

   Thanks,
     George.