Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi credits for eager messages
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-01 17:07:45

The Voltaire tech was right. There is no credit management at the
upper level, each BTL is allowed to do it (if needed). This doesn't
means the transport is not reliable. Most of the devices have internal
flow control, and Open MPI rely on it instead of implementing our own.
However, the devices that do not provide in their low level drivers or
hardware such feature, have it implemented at the BTL layer. As an
example, infiniband have a flow control mechanism implemented in the
BTL.

   george.