Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI-IO problems
From: Robert Latham (robl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-31 09:15:51

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 03:26:14PM -0800, R C wrote:
> Hi,
> I compiled a molecular dynamics program DLPOLY3.09 on an AMD64 cluster running
> openmpi 1.2.4 with Portland group compilers.The program seems to run alright,
> however, each processor outputs:
> ADIOI_GEN_DELETE (line 22): **io No such file or directory
> It was suggested that it was an issue with MPI-IO. I would appreciate any help
> in fixing the problem.

It's ok. Your program tried to delete a file (perhaps a log file or
something that contains a single run's data), and when the file did
not exist, printed this message.

One way to avoid seeing this message is to ignore errors from
MPI_File_delete. Looks like DLPOLY3.09 is being good about checking
error codes from MPI routines, though, and I'd hate to discourage that
good behavior.

Rob Latham