Subject: Re: [OMPI users] SCALAPACK: Segmentation Fault (11) and Signal code:Address not mapped (1)
From: Åke Sandgren (ake.sandgren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-31 02:10:28

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 10:01 -0600, Backlund, Daniel wrote:
> Jeff, thank your for your suggestion, I am sure that the correct mpif.h is being included. One
> thing that I did not do in my original message was submit the job to SGE. I did that and the
> program still failed with the same seg fault messages.

> Hello all, I am using OMPI 1.2.4 on a Linux cluster (Rocks 4.2). OMPI was configured to use the
> Pathscale Compiler Suite installed in the (NFS mounted on nodes) /home/PROGRAMS/pathscale. I am
> trying to compile and run the example1.f that comes with the ACML package from AMD, and I am
> unable to get it to run. All nodes have the same Opteron processors and 2GB ram per core. OMPI
> was configured as below.

- upgrade to latest 3.1 version of Pathscale (3.1-231.14750 or later)
- upgrade to 1.2.5 of openmpi
- make sure you are using blacs 1.1.patch3
- make sure you are using scalapack 1.8.0

This combo is the first that i have seen pass the blacs and scalapack
selftests. Any earlier version combo of pathscale/openmpi used to fail
the blacstests horribly.

Internet: ake_at_[hidden]   Phone: +46 90 7866134 Fax: +46 90 7866126