Subject: Re: [OMPI users] general problems with Open mpi and WRF
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-30 21:26:27

On Jan 30, 2008, at 2:36 AM, Martin Horvat wrote:

> (1) First I would like to clarify the problem connected to open-mpi.
> It was compiled with intel suit:
>
> ifort --version
> ifort (IFORT) 10.0 20070613
> Copyright (C) 1985-2007 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

I build and test with the intel 10.0 compilers every night; they
should work fine.

> using configuraton
>
> ./configure --prefix=/data/horvat/rahela/openmpi CC=icc CXX=icpc
> F77=ifort FC=ifort --without-memory-manager
>
> The flag "--without-memory-manager" is used as I had problems with
> some "opal wrapper" at compiling stage.

What problem did you have that forced you to use --without-memory-
manager?

> Perhaps it is important to mention that I have compiled open_mpi as
> a normal user on the cluster with maui/torque schedule manager.

That should be fine; I do this all the time.

> By running "ompi_info -a" in by bash shell i get first number
> numerious such messages
>
> mca: base: component_find: unable to open ***

It looks like you have some kind of fundamental problem with your Open
MPI installation. If all those plugins can't be found, Open MPI will
not function properly at all.

Can you provide all the information listed here:

     http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

Cisco Systems