Subject: [OMPI users] compilation with intel fortran compiller problem
From: Andrei Neamtu (neamtuandrei_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-26 05:47:03

Hello,

I will be quick:

I want to compile open-mpi using Intel C, C++, Fortran compillers suite.
With Fortran and C compiler it works fine but when I enable C++ Intel
compiler got errors.

Here is what I done:

#define the environmet variables

shell> export FC=/opt/intel/fce/10.1.008/bin/ifort
shell> export F77=/opt/intel/fce/10.1.008/bin/ifort
shell> export CC=/opt/intel/cce/10.1.008/bin/icc
shell> export CXX=/opt/intel/cce/10.1.008/bin/icpc

#after that issue the configure script

shell> ./configure

It works fine until the C++ compiler setup and it ends up with the message:

*** C++ compiler and preprocessor
checking whether /opt/intel/cce/10.1.008/bin/icpc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of /opt/intel/cce/10.1.008/bin/icpc... gcc3
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /opt/intel/cce/10.1.008/bin/icpc -E
checking for the C++ compiler vendor... intel
checking if C++ compiler works... no
* It appears that your C++ compiler is unable to produce working
* executables. A simple test application failed to properly
* execute. Note that this is likely not a problem with Open MPI,
* but a problem with the local compiler installation. More
* information (including exactly what command was given to the
* compiler and what error resulted when the command was executed) is
* available in the config.log file in this directory.
configure: error: Could not run a simple C++ program. Aborting.

I also attached the config.log file.

I am new to open-mpi (I used lam-mpi and GNU compilers) but I want to
use the Intel compilers because they give more than 20% performance
gaining in my specific parallel application.

Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated !!!!

Best regards,
Andrei