Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mixed myrinet/non-myrinet nodes
From: M D Jones (jonesm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-15 14:07:19

Hmm, that is the way that I expected it to work as well -
we see the warnings also, but closely followed by the
errors (I've been trying both 1.2.5 and a recent 1.3
snapshot with the same behavior). You don't have the
mx driver loaded on the nodes that do not have a myrinet
card, do you? Our mx is a touch behind yours (1.2.3),
but I agree that it appears to be something in the process
startup that is at fault, so it doesn't seem likely that
the mx version is to blame (perhaps just the fact that it
is not installed on those nodes?).

Matt