Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mixed myrinet/non-myrinet nodes
From: Patrick Geoffray (patrick_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-15 10:47:28

Hi Matt,

M Jones wrote:
> I thought that we would be able to use a single open-mpi build to
> support both networks (and users would be able to request mx nodes if
> they need them using the batch queuing system, which they are
> already accustomed to). Am I missing something (or just doing

I don't know if the error you get is related, but you can only use the
MX BTL if you want to use another BTL at the same time. The MX MTL is
exclusive, that's a design constraint of the MTL layer in OpenMPI. Using
both the MX BTL and TCP BTL together should work fine (I didn't test it
recently though).

Patrick