Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open MPI and thread-safety
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-12 09:47:02

On Jan 11, 2008, at 4:05 PM, George Bosilca wrote:

> There is some level of support for thread safety. However, we're
> actively working on this for our next release (1.3).

I'm a bit more pessimistic than George :-) -- I think that the
threading support in the v1.2 series is pretty broken. I do not
advise its usage.

There may be some trivial threaded programs that work in the v1.2
series, but it's not worth it IMNSHO -- we're not going to be fixing
the v1.2 series in terms of thread support. All effort is going into
v1.3 and beyond.

Cisco Systems