Subject: [OMPI users] Open MPI and thread-safety
From: Priya Natarajan (priya.natarajan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-11 15:13:06

Hi,

I have a question regarding the thread-safety features of Open MPI. I have a
multithreaded program in which two threads make MPI calls, so these threads
might call MPI functions concurrently. Can Open MPI support such a program,
i.e., is it thread-safe in such a scenario? I know that according to Open
MPI FAQ, Open MPI should be able to support such a program; however, I am
slightly confused because some questions (and their answers) in the archive
of this mailing list seem to suggest otherwise.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Priya Natarajan