Subject: Re: [OMPI users] how to select a specific network
From: Aurélien Bouteiller (bouteill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-11 13:53:44

Try something similar to this

mpirun -np 1 -mca btl self,tcp -mca btl_tcp_if_include en1 NetPIPE_3.6/
NPmpi : -np 1 -mca btl self,tcp -mca btl_tcp_if_include en0
NetPIPE_3.6/NPmpi

You should then be able to specify a different if_include mask for you
different processes.

Aurelien

Le 11 janv. 08 à 06:46, Lydia Heck a écrit :

> I should have added that the two networks are not routable,
> and that they are private class B.
>

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Lydia Heck wrote:
>

>> I have a setup which contains one set of machines
>> with one nge and one e1000g network and of machines
>> with two e1000g networks configured. I am planning a
>> large run where all these computers will be occupied
>> with one job and the mpi communication should only go
>> over one specific network which is configured over
>> e1000g0 on the first set of machines and on e1000g1 on the
>> second set. I cannot use - for obvious reasons to either
>> include all of e1000g or to exclude part of e1000g - if that is
>> possible.
>> So I have to exclude or include on the internet number range.
>>
>> Is there an obvious flag - which I have not yet found - to tell
>> mpirun to use one specific network?
>>
>> Lydia

>> Dr E L Heck
>>
>> University of Durham
>> Institute for Computational Cosmology
>> Ogden Centre
>> Department of Physics
>> South Road
>>
>> DURHAM, DH1 3LE
>> United Kingdom
>>
>> e-mail: lydia.heck_at_[hidden]
>>
>> Tel.: + 44 191 - 334 3628
>> Fax.: + 44 191 - 334 3645

> Dr E L Heck
>
> University of Durham
> Institute for Computational Cosmology
> Ogden Centre
> Department of Physics
> South Road
>
> DURHAM, DH1 3LE
> United Kingdom
>
> e-mail: lydia.heck_at_[hidden]
>
> Tel.: + 44 191 - 334 3628
> Fax.: + 44 191 - 334 3645

Dr. Aurélien Bouteiller
Sr. Research Associate - Innovative Computing Laboratory
Suite 350, 1122 Volunteer Boulevard
Knoxville, TN 37996
865 974 6321