Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problems Broadcasting/Scattering Data
From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-08 17:08:49

On 19:31 Tue 08 Jan , Dino Rossegger wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for the programm, but sadly I can't get it work :(.
> It's the same error as in my programm. I get the following output:
> 0
> 0
> 0
> 10
> 0
> 0
> 11
> 0
> 0
>
> Which as far as I know can't be correct.

Oh, my bad. The field pointers had to be corrected for the Gather.
Now the output looks like this:

0
500
1000
10
510
1010
11
511
1011

Is this what you did expect?

BTW: of course you can send multidimensional arrays with scatter and
gather. This is because they're really just one-dimensional in
memory.

Cheers
-Andreas

Andreas Schäfer
Cluster and Metacomputing Working Group
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
I'm a bright... http://www.the-brights.net
(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!