Subject: Re: [OMPI users] orte in persistent mode
From: Ralph H Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-02 08:48:32

Hi Neeraj

No, we still don't support having a persistent set of daemons acting as some
kind of "virtual machine" like LAM/MPI did. We at one time had talked about
adding it. However, our most recent efforts have actually taken us away from
supporting that mode of operation. As a result, I very much doubt we will
support it anytime in the foreseeable future.

Just to clarify: this isn't a "problem" with the existing system. It was a
design decision not to support that mode of operation. We had considered
revising that decision, but other considerations have led us further from a
design that would support it. It seems doubtful that we will do so anytime
soon.

Ralph