Subject: [OMPI users] Tracing the library using gdb and xterm
From: Krishna Chaitanya (kris.c1986_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-01 11:11:46

Hi,
               I have been tracing the interactions between the PERUSE and
MPI library,on one machine. I have been using gdb along with xterm to have
two windows open at the same time as I step through the code. I wish to get
a better glimpse of the working of the point to point calls, by launching
the job on two machines and by tracing the flow in a similar manner. This is
where I stand as of now :

mpirun --prefix /usr/local -hostfile machines -np 2 xterm -e gdb peruse_ex1
xterm Xt error: Can't open display:
xterm: DISPLAY is not set

               I tried using the display option for xterm and setting the
value as 0.0, that was not of much help.
               If someone can guide me as to where the DISPLAY parameter has
to be set to allow the remote machine to open the xterm window, it will be
of great help.

Thanks,
Krishna

--
In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity