Subject: [OMPI users] orte in persistent mode
From: Neeraj Chourasia (neeraj_ch1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-31 03:26:06

Dear All,    I am wondering if ORTE can be run in persistent mode. It has already been raised in Mailing list ( http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2006/03/0939.php),  where it was said that the problem is still there. I just want to know, if its fixed or being fixed ?   Reason, why i am looking at is in large clusters, mpirun takes lot of time starting orted (by ssh) on remote nodes. If orte is already running, hopefully we can save considerable time. Any comments is appreciated. -Neeraj