Subject: [OMPI users] MPI::Intracomm::Spawn and cluster configuration
From: Elena Zhebel (ezhebel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-12 07:46:06

Hello,

I'm working on a MPI application where I'm using OpenMPI instead of MPICH.
In my "master" program I call the function MPI::Intracomm::Spawn which spawns
"slave" processes. It is not clear for me how to spawn the "slave" processes
over the network. Currently "master" creates "slaves" on the same host.
If I use 'mpirun --hostfile openmpi.hosts' then processes are spawn over the
network as expected. But now I need to spawn processes over the network from
my own executable using MPI::Intracomm::Spawn, how can I achieve it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Elena