Subject: [OMPI users] what is MPI_IN_PLACE
From: Neeraj Chourasia (neeraj_ch1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-11 05:56:30

Hello everyone,    While going through collective algorithms, I came across preprocessor directive MPI_IN_PLACE which is (void *)1. Its always being compared against source buffer(sbuf). My question is when MPI_IN_PLACE == sbuf condition would be true. As far as i understand, sbuf is the address of source buffer, which every node has to transfer to remaining nodes based on recursive doubling or say bruck algo. And it can never be equal to (void *)1. Any help is appreciated.RegardsNeeraj