Subject: [OMPI users] Question about issue with use of multiple IB ports
From: Craig Tierney (Craig.Tierney_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-10 15:06:24

I just built OpenMPI-1.2.4 to work on my system (IB, OFED-1.2).
When I run a job, I am getting the following message:

   WARNING: There are more than one active ports on host 'w74', but the
   default subnet GID prefix was detected on more than one of these
   ports. If these ports are connected to different physical IB
   networks, this configuration will fail in Open MPI. This version of
   Open MPI requires that every physically separate IB subnet that is
   used between connected MPI processes must have different subnet ID
   values.

I went to the faq to read about the message. My code does complete
successfully because both nodes are connected by both meshes.

My question is, how can I tell mpirun that I only want to use of
of the ports? I specifically want to use either port 1 or port 2, but
not bond both together.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
Craig

--
Craig Tierney (craig.tierney_at_[hidden])