Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Configure fails with icc 10.1.008
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-07 07:58:06

This is not an Open MPI problem; Open MPI is simply reporting that
your C++ compiler is not working. OMPI tests a trivial C++ program
that uses the STL to ensure that your C++ program is working. It's

#include <string>
main ()
std::string foo = "Hello, world"
   return 0;

You should probably check with Intel support for more details.

On Dec 6, 2007, at 11:25 PM, Eric Thibodeau wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am unable to get past ./configure as ICC fails on C++ tests (see
> attached ompi-output.tar.gz). Configure was called without and the
> with sourcing `/opt/intel/cc/` as per one of
> the invocation options in icc's doc. I was unable to find the
> relevant (well..intelligible for me that is ;P ) cause of the
> failure in config.log. Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Eric Thibodeau

Cisco Systems