Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Segmentation fault: intel 10.1.008 compilers w/ openmpi-1.2.4
From: Åke Sandgren (ake.sandgren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-04 03:33:12

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 21:27 -0500, de Almeida, Valmor F. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After compiling ompi-1.2.4 with the intel compiler suite 10.1.008, I get
>
> ->mpicxx --showme
> Segmentation fault
>
> ->ompi_info
> Segmentation fault
>
> The 10.1.008 is the only one I know that officially supports the linux
> kernel 2.6 and glibc-2.6 that I have on my system.
>
> config.log file attached.
>
> Any help appreciated.

Run an nm on opal/mca/memory/ptmalloc2/.libs/malloc.o and check if
malloc is defined in there.

This seems to be the problem i have when compiling with pathscale.
It removes the malloc (public_mALLOc) function from the objectfile but
leaves the free (public_fREe) in there, resulting in malloc/free
mismatch.