Subject: Re: [OMPI users] SegFault with MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE in 1.2.4
From: Emilio J. Padron (emilioj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-28 11:49:00

Hi Jeff,

thank you for your answer...

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 11:27:51AM -0500, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> This is to be expected. OMPI's support for THREAD_MULTIPLE is
> incomplete and most likely doesn't work.

Ok, I knew it was not *too* tested, but I was been using previous
verions with *more or less* success, with a relatively small number of
communications in a multithread (posix) environment. This last 1.2.4
version breaks even with no explicit comms in the program. It just
seemed quite weird to me in a (supposedly) minor-changes revision :-?

Anyway, thanks to the OMPI team for all the hard work. I hope complete
thread-safety support is available in future revisions :-)

Cheers,
E.