Subject: [OMPI users] [openMPI-infiniband] openMPI in IB network when openSM with LASH is running
From: Keshetti Mahesh (keshetti85-student_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-28 05:37:11

Has anyone in the list ever tested openMPI in infiniband network
in which openSM is running with LASH routing algorithm enabled?

I haven't tested the above case but i could foresee a problem
because LASH routing algorithm in openSM uses virtual
lanes (VL) which are directly mapped with service levels (SL).
And LASH routing algorithm assigns different VLs (SLs) to different
paths in the network. This SL <-> path association is available only
through the subnet manager (openSM) during connection establishment.
But AFAIK, openMPI don't use the services of subnet manager for
connection establishment between nodes. So I want to know whether anyone
thought about it and working on it or not.

regards,
Mahesh